Re: Makefile targets: tar & rpm pkgs, while using O=<dir> as non-root

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 02:19:26 EST

On Sun, 2005-12-18 15:27:20 -0800, Linda Walsh <lkml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unpacked 2.6.13.3 and made it read-only.

> I noted new targets:
> binrpm-pkg [& rpm-pkg], and
> tarbz2-pkg [& targz-pkg, & tar-pkg].
>
> Both seem to fail either for reasons that appear to be related to
> not honoring the "O=" param, or attempting to actually install into
> the root of my build-machine.

I've not really used out-of-tree building for Linux, so the tar*
targets are probably not really tested with that regard. Though I'll
check that and see if it works (of if a patch is needed.)

The RPM targets have to be tested by somebody else :)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O