Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 09:03:55 EST

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:10:02PM +0100, Diego Calleja wrote:
> El Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:00:13 -0800,
> Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> escribió:
>

> > Supporting 8k stacks is a small amount of code and nobody has seen a need
> > to make changes in there for quite a long time. So there's little cost to
> > keeping the existing code.
> >
> > And the existing code is useful:
>
> Maybe this slighty different approach is better?

My count of bug reports for problems with 4k stacks after Neil's patch
went into -mm is still at 0.

Either there are no problems left or noone pays attention to them since
disabling 4k stacks "fixed" the problem.

In both cases there's no reason against applying my patch.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed