Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Puneet Vyas
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 22:50:45 EST

Ismail Donmez wrote:

Cuma 16 AralÄk 2005 00:57 tarihinde ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄnÄz:

It seems most problems with 4k stacks are already resolved at least
in -mm.

I'd like to see this patch to always use 4k stacks in -mm now for
finding any remaining problems before submitting this patch for Linus'
tree.

By chance, I read that windows modules used in ndiswrapper
may require >4k-stacks. Will this become a problem?

If 8k stacks get removed, yes. So if you have a chance to choose don't buy a wifi card which doesn't have a native linux driver.

If the learned folks here think that "ndiswrapper" is some user space program that people can live without than at least
3 people in my house are doomed. We like to use linux but do not have luxury that Ismail enjoys. At least windows
does not make such decisions on my behalf. Sigh.

~Puneet