Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 18:33:06 EST

Lee Revell wrote:

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 14:46 -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

Lee Revell wrote:

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 14:07 -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

When you are on the phone with an irrate customer at 2:00 am in the morning, and just turning off your broken 4K stack fix
and getting the customer running matters.

Bugzilla link please. Otherwise STFU.

??????

Jeff

You imply that your customer's problem was due to a kernel bug triggered
by CONFIG_4KSTACKS. I am asking you to provide a link to the bug report
or get lost.

Lee

You hack on this code base (hack is the right word) -- I sell it, service and support it with customers in a dozen countries. I don't report
company level issues in "bugzilla" or anywhere else public unless they apply to kernel code. calls from several of our apps (which use
larger than 4K kernel space on a stack) from user space crash -- so do wireless drivers -- and kdb crashes as well with some bugs with 4K stacks
turned on when you are trying to debug something.

Hope that addresses your concerns "joe job".

Jeff