Re: [2.6 patch] fix the EMBEDDED menu

From: Rogério Brito
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 08:01:23 EST

Hi, Andrew et. al.

On Dec 14 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:
> It looks like that patch needs to be reverted or altered anyway.
> sparc64 machines are failing all over the place, possibly due to
> newly-exposed compiler bugs.

Just a (luser) datapoint here: since I have computers with small cache
(Celeron Mendocino and Duron Spitfire), I am always trying to save some
bytes here (being minimalistic as much as I can) and there and I have
been compiling kernels since about 2.6.10 with -Os in my Debian systems.

I'm currently using Debian's GCC 4.0.2 and everything seems fine here
with kernel 2.6.15-rc5.

Hope a data point helps towards making this option more visible.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@xxxxxxxxxx : http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito
Homepage on freshmeat: http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/