Re: [patch 0/5] Add MMC password protection (lock/unlock) support

From: Russell King
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 04:12:16 EST

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 07:49:40AM +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> Sounds like a much better solution. Hacking around problems instead of
> solving them usually lead to even more problems.

No, that's not possible.

> I haven't studied all drivers in detail, but I believe all of them
> should be able to handle the transistion.

You seem to have ignored my message on why this is required. The MMCI
driver requires that all transfers be a multiple of 1 << blksz_bits.
So, if you want to transfer (eg) 9 bytes, it must be transferred as 9
one byte blocks. So set blksz_bits to 0 and blocks to 9.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core