Re: [Vserver] Re: [ANNOUNCE] second stable release of Linux-VServer

From: Kir Kolyshkin
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 12:01:29 EST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

Additionally, the pid virtualization we've
been discussing (and which should be submitted soon) would remove the
need for the tasklookup patch, so bsdjail would reduce even further,
to network and simple access controls.

complete pid virtualization would be interesting for
migration and checkpointing too (not just isolation
and security), so I think that might be something of
interest for a broader audience ...

Just to make sure everybody is aware:
pids are already virtualized in OpenVZ.
If you want to look at the code, it is available
from within diff-openvz-ve patch, see
http://ftp.openvz.org/kernel/broken-out/022stab053.1/