Re: sonypi searching new maintainer (Was: Re: [RFT] Sonypi:convert to the new platform device interface)

From: Stelian Pop
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 01:45:52 EST

Le mardi 13 décembre 2005 à 17:06 -0500, Dmitry Torokhov a écrit :
> On 12/13/05, Stelian Pop <stelian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > But when it is reported is it the same event?
> >
> > I don't follow you here...
> >

> I was talking about that "ok, i'm loaded" event. When it is reported
> is it the same v1,v2 pair all the time?

I have no idea. That's one of the problems with the sonypi events:
different laptops behave differently, and sometimes Sony even changes
the meaning of some events...

> If it is the same we could
> suppress "unknown" message in verbose mode.

Why would you want to suppress a message in verbose mode ? The verbose
option is there exactly for that: show the user all the data coming from
the hardware, and depending on the verbose value only show the data
which hasn't been decoded, or all of it.

I don't think that adding a special hack for this event in an already
hacky driver has some added value.

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@xxxxxxxxxx>