Console Goes Blank When Booting 2.6.15-rc5

From: Kurt Wall
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 22:52:09 EST

As Jesper Juhl has reported, if I boot 2.6.15-rc5 with vga=normal,
everything is fine. If I boot using my preferred size (vga=794),
the console goes blank. Because I'm a touch typist, I can login and
start X and everything is copacetic, but as soon as I leave X, I'm
back to the blank screen. From X, if I flip over to a VC, the VC
display is garbled and has artifacts from the X display.

This worked fine with 2.6.14.3, and I didn't change the console,
framebuffer, or vesa options between the two kernels. Not sure how
to proceed, but I sure would like my high res console screens back.

Thanks,

Kurt
--
"What's another word for Thesaurus?"