Re: [RFT] Sonypi: convert to the new platform device interface

From: Mattia Dongili
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 13:31:17 EST

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 02:19:40AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that we allow manual binding and unbinding devices through sysfs it
> is better if main device initialization is done in ->probe() instead of
> module_init(). The following patch converts sonypi driver to this model.
>
> The patch compiles but I was unable to test it since I don't have the
> hardware...
[...]
> +static int __devinit sonypi_setup_irq(struct sonypi_device *dev,
> + const struct sonypi_irq_list *irq_list)
> +{
> + while (irq_list->irq) {
> +
> + if (!request_irq(dev->irq, sonypi_irq,
^^^^^^^^
this should be irq_list->irq

other than that seems to work here on a type2 model:

sonypi: Sony Programmable I/O Controller Driver v1.26.
sonypi: trying irq 11
input: Sony Vaio Jogdial as /class/input/input8
input: Sony Vaio Keys as /class/input/input9
sonypi: detected type2 model, verbose = 1, fnkeyinit = off, camera = off, compat = off, mask = 0xffffffff, useinput = on, acpi = on
sonypi: enabled at irq=11, port1=0x1080, port2=0x1084
sonypi: device allocated minor is 63
sonypi: unknown event port1=0x0f,port2=0x05

Oh, there seems to be a spurious interrupt happening at modules
insertion (I suspect sonypi_enable triggering and ignoring it), but this
happens with the old module too and I never noticed it before. Wouldn't
make more sense to print the warning even if verbose=0 to be able to
catch it timely? I mean it's since 2.4 times I don't enable verbose mode
in sonypi...

--
mattia
:wq!