Re: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 02:59:11 EST

> t best.
>
> > And you don't have to be Linux user to refuse closed hardware. Having
> > option in future is always good.x
>
> If Linux desktop users are less than 5% of the laptop buying population, a
> more effective technique would be to focus purchases on small companies that
> _do_ provide things we can use.

however, in areas where margins are really thin, like consumer PC
hardware, 5% of revenue is the difference between a loss and a profit.

And if we can have official 'works well' and 'don't buy' lists, the PR
around that can help make that impact, especially if people who don't
run linux yet but might in the future also start to pay attention to
this list.