Re: 2.6.15-rc5-mm2 :-)

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 00:51:39 EST

On Monday 12 December 2005 03:12, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Sunday, December 11, 2005, 1:13:08 PM, you wrote:
> > - New CPU scheduler policy: SCHED_BATCH.
>
> Yes, Yes, Yesss. THANKS! Me not worthy, me bow before Con and Andrew ;-)
> As for apache/python voting rules, here's my +1 for vanilla inclusion.
>
> Anyway this makes me think. I remember Con saying that SCHED_BATCH relies
> on his staircase scheduler. I understand this is kind of a rewrite for
> the current scheduler, right?

Hi Maciej

I missed this announcement (been on leave for a while). This SCHED_BATCH
implementation is by Ingo and it it is not "idle" scheduling as I have
implemented in the staircase scheduler. This is just to restrict a task to
not having any interactive bonus at any stage and to have predictable
scheduling behaviour I guess.

Cheers,
Con