Re: ipw2200 [was Re: RFC: Starting a stable kernel series off the 2.6 kernel]

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 15:04:49 EST

On Monday 12 December 2005 11:34, Ben Slusky wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 23:30:30 -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Query: if you tell lilo or grub that it has an initrd but feed it a
> > gzipped cpio image, will the kernel figure everything out and initialize
> > initramfs from that appropriately?
>
> Yes, I've been booting my laptop this way (using GRUB) since 2.6.7 or so.

Sigh, gotta update the docs again... :)

Do you need to compile initrd support in for this to work, or just tell
grub/lilo to do its' thing? (I can answer this one myself when I get around
to setting up another test environment...)

Rob
--
Steve Ballmer: Innovation! Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word.