Misleading information on linuxdevices.com

From: Manfred Gruber
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 12:38:27 EST

Hi,

as some of you might have noticed, there was an announcement of our
company on http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9959272388.html

The text is misleading as it speaks about a "propietary" kernel, which
is completely wrong.

We run Ingo Molnars rt-preemption patch with modifications for our
custom board done by Thomas Gleixner and us.

The source code is of course available under the GPL. See also the
information on our homepage:
http://www.contec.at/78+M52087573ab0.0.html

We don't know where in the information chain from the development team
via the marketing team to linuxdevices this happened, but we want to
correct any wrong impression about our company. Sorry.

We want to say thanks to all the developers involved in Linux and the
rt-preemption work.

Manfred

Contec Steuerungstechnik & Automation GmbH
Manfred Gruber
Waldeck 1
A-6330 Kufstein
AUSTRIA