Re: CX8800 driver and 2.6.15-RC2

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 09:28:54 EST

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 04:10:30PM -0500, Michael Krufky wrote:
> modprobe tda9887
>
> This fixes the problem for analog video with pcHDTV 3000 and DViCO
> FusionHDTV3 Gold-T. We've already fixed it in cvs so that this will be
> detected by default, if you have a different card, we might have to
> apply a similar fix. If that doesn't help, then it's a different bug.

well, module tda9887 is loaded properly using autodetect.

However, using xawtv I was able to see video at good quality, but no sound :(
(even when I set PAL-BG norm). But after a while, it complained about QFBUF
ioctl and from that moment TV capture stopped working until reboot (rmmod cx8800
& rmmod cx88xx did not help).

I might be a video_buf bug, I did not removed video_buf module.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek