Re: [git pull 02/14] Add Wistron driver

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 04:16:18 EST

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 12:13:15AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > pcc_acpi already does this successfully and is a pleasure to use.
>
> That's not in the tree any more. Did something replace it?

No. The ACPI Mafia^H^H^Hintainers :-) no longer accept any hotkey drivers
and IIUC it will be reimplemented in a generic driver. This driver
then should pipe the hotkey events to the input subsystem.

Disclaimer: i cannot judge if the pcc_acpi code is "nice" or particularly
correct, but it works fine (for me).
--
Stefan Seyfried \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices \ wanted to be paid for what I write."