RE: Errors while booting the newly built 2.6.12 kernel??

From: Mukund JB.
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 03:07:10 EST

Dear Arjun,
Thanks for your quick response
After I compiled the kernel, I verified the 'initrd-2.6.12.img' and it was present.
But it is 10000 bytes less than the initial FC4 initrd img.

I did the following steps to build the kernel:

Copied the existing '.config' file from the old kernel and copied to the 2.6.12 kernel base directory.
Then,
# make
# make modules
# make modules_install
# make install

Is there is any thing additional needed for building the kernels in 2.6.x kernels?
I verified the support for inbuilt ext3 too and its present too.
What else could be the problem area?

Thanks & Regards,
Mukund Jampala