Re: udev problem ...

From: mahashakti89
Date: Sat Dec 10 2005 - 15:23:37 EST

Greg KH a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 10:01:39AM +0100, mahashakti89 wrote:
>
>>Hi !
>>
>>Here is a report bug I posted on bugs@xxxxxxxxxx , we'll make it short ,
>>I cannot activate udev at boot , if I do this I get IDE errors on both
>>harddisks and if I can enter an X-session, I cannot open a terminal : I
>>get following error message :
>>"there was a problem with the child process of this terminal" . If I
>>desactivate udev at boot, eveything is going O.K.
>>The Debian package maintainer thinks it looks like a kernel bug ....
>>This is why I am posting here hoping for help in this matter.
>

> Can you try the 2.6.15-rc5 kernel release to see if this is better?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

I did it, but it is not better ..... but perhaps due to an upgrade on my
debian Sid it seems
that I have not so much IDE errors but this impossibility to open any
terminal is already here ...

I tried one Debian pre-packaged kernel and it works , I mean nearly no
IDE errors
and no more problems with opening gnome-terminal, so it would mean that
here is a problem
in my kernel config ??

Here is an extract of the - so mentioned in the doc - important settings :

# Pseudo filesystems
#
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_PROC_KCORE=y
CONFIG_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_TMPFS=y
# CONFIG_HUGETLBFS is not set
# CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE is not set
CONFIG_RAMFS=y
# CONFIG_RELAYFS_FS is not set

Where should I look to solve it definetely ??

Thanks for your answer.

mahashakti89

Hope there is no problem if I CC you this message ..