Re: [patch 1/2] Add platform_device_del()

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Sat Dec 10 2005 - 12:46:26 EST

Hi Jean,

On Saturday 10 December 2005 11:58, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Dmirty,
>
> > Driver core: add platform_device_del function
> >
> > Having platform_device_del90 allows more straightforward error
> > handling code in drivers registering platform devices.
> > (...)
> > +/**
> > + * platform_device_unregister - unregister a platform-level device
> > + * @pdev: platform device we're unregistering
> > + *
> > + * Unregistration is done in 2 steps. Fisrt we release all resources
> > + * and remove it from the sybsystem, then we drop reference count by
>
> Typo: subsystem.

Will fix, thank you for noticing.

> > + * calling platform_device_put().
> > + */
>
> Other than that, and let alone the fact that I prefer code cleanups as
> separate patches, and the fact that I don't think moving
> platform_device_register() around adds much value, this patch looks
> good to me.

It was not moved ;) platform_device_register() is and was in front of
platform_device_unregister. But because the new platform_device_del()
reused most of the platform_device_unregister() body patch plays a trick
on you making you believe that some code was moved around.

--
Dmitry