Linux 2.6 Partition Compat Bug??

From: Gupta, Deepak (Deepak)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 09:22:21 EST

All,

I am trying to mount UnixWare slices on Linux 2.6 and I see that the kernel I am running has the following configured:

CONFIG_UNIXWARE_DISKLABEL=y

My system currently has a few logical disks which have UnixWare slices on them (vxfs), and when I try to mount these, I only see a single partition (sdd4 for e.g.) that says GNU HURD or SYSV (which is expected). And I do not see any other device under /dev that might pertain to the UnixWare slices. My questions:

1. What does configuring in the unixware slice support in Linux mean? Is this a bug that compatibility is claimed but does not actually exist?

Many thanks for your time,

-Deepak