Re: Sparc: Kernel 2.6.13 to 2.6.15-rc2 bug when running X11

From: J.O. Aho
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 07:07:04 EST

From: "J.O. Aho" <trizt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:22:42 +0100 (CET)

I'm using the sunffb driver, as I wish to get the output from my creator3d
card, so that I can see something displayed as the monitor requiers a 13W3
connector. So I assume from your reply that framebuffer isn't working in
kernel 2.6 for sparc, but for other archs like ppc?

No, that should work just fine. Just make sure "sunffb" is specified
as the driver to use in the xorg.conf file.

I have an ultra60 with creator here and I'll try to reproduce your
problem.

That sounds nice, just in case if it would be of interest, I have made my config file available and it can be found at http://www.kotiaho.net/~trizt/tmpimg/u10_2.6.15rc5.config

--
//Aho