Re: RFC: ACPI/scsi/libata integration and hotswap

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 06:28:37 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:

Erik Slagter wrote:

'guess You're not interested in having suspend/resume actually work on
laptops (or other PC's). That's your prerogative but imho it's a bit
narrow-minded to withhold this functionality from other people who
actually would like to have this working, just because you happen to not
like ACPI.

It works just fine on laptops, with Jens' suspend/resume patch.

Jeff

No. I use it on my two modern laptops with great success,
but only with *certain* hard disks. When I replace the ultra modern
100GB drive in my machine with a slightly older 30GB drive,
suspend/resume no longer work. No other changes.

Other users have reported similar experiences to me.

We really REALLY need libata to get fixed for this stuff.

Patches welcome :) There is a bunch of stuff that needs to be done for suspend/resume. Saving/restoring settings, additional resets and probes, etc.

Jeff