Re: Problem with using spinlocks when kernel is compiled withoutsmp-support

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 23:24:43 EST

Dirk Henning Gerdes wrote:
Hello Andrew!

I have the following problem on 2.6.15-rc5-mm1

When compiling a module using spinlocks I get the following
error-message, when SMP is disabled in my Kernel-config:

..

shouldn't it be possible to use spinlocks in my code even if I don't
support SMP for compatiblity ?

Yes, it is, something must be set up wrong in your compilation. In particular, are you trying to use old 2.4-style makefiles to build instead of one that calls the kernel's build system? If so, don't, it doesn't work..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx