Re: swsusp performance problems in 2.6.15-rc3-mm1

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 17:40:34 EST

Hi,

On Wednesday, 7 December 2005 12:30, Pavel Machek wrote:
}-- snip --{
> > Let me explain what I have in mind.
> >
> > For starters, please observe that the addresses we use are page-aligned,
> > so the least significant bit is always zero. Thus it can be used as a marker.
> >
> > Now before we save the image we can mark blank pages by setting
> > the least significant bit of .orig_address to 1 in the coresponding PBEs.
> > We save the "marked" .orig_address values to the image.
>
> Well, nice optimalization, but how many pages are actually full of
> zeros?

According to the results I have obtained, there are about 1000 such
pages in the image on my box, for total image sizes between 28000
and 80000 pages (ie above 28000 of pages in the image the number
of blank pages is almost constant).

Greetings,
Rafael

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin