Re: RFC: ACPI/scsi/libata integration and hotswap

From: Dominic Ijichi
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 16:03:11 EST

Quoting Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Erik Slagter wrote:
> > 'guess You're not interested in having suspend/resume actually work on
> > laptops (or other PC's). That's your prerogative but imho it's a bit
> > narrow-minded to withhold this functionality from other people who
> > actually would like to have this working, just because you happen to not
> > like ACPI.
>
> It works just fine on laptops, with Jens' suspend/resume patch.

not on my fujitsu sonoma/ih6 based laptop it doesn't. in my travels trying to
fix this problem it appears there are many others it doesnt work for either.
suspend/resume is incredibly important for day-to-day practical use of a laptop,
particularly using linux. the sole reason i still have a windows partition is
because suspend doesnt work in linux and i'm sick of firing everything up again
3 times a day.

thank you very much to all on this list who are pursuing a solution sensibly and
not making unhelpful blanket statements against the most widely used laptop
chipset maker - *particularly* when they are actively contributing to
development on this list. we (laptop users) dont care about religious
standpoints, we just want it to work.

dom