Re: 2.6.15-rc4 panic in __nr_to_section() with CONFIG_SPARSEMEM

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 14:47:04 EST

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 19:33 +0000, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> Oh, it isn't worth that effort, just test is_vm_hugetlb_page(vma)
> in show_smap, and skip it if so - or make up appropriate numbers
> from (vm_end - vm_start) in that case if you like.

I think the reason Badari was looking at it was that some DB guys want
to get some statistics out of there. They'll certainly care about
HugeTLB pages.

With the HugeTLB prefault mechanism having gone away, we can't assume
that the pages are resident. So, I don't think just using the VMA's
size will work.

-- Dave