Re: RFC: ACPI/scsi/libata integration and hotswap

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 09:17:36 EST

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 02:01:38PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> Something like "pci_to_acpi(struct pcidev *)" belongs in arch specific
> code even if we do add a generic "void * pm_device" type pointer to
> struct pci_dev or struct device for such a purpose.

pci_to_acpi is already implemented in the PCI layer (see
drivers/pci/pci-acpi.c), with struct device.firmware_data being where
the acpi_handle ends up. I guess there's no problem in moving my code
out to scsi-acpi.c and adding an arch_initcall for it. Would that be
more acceptable? The only problem then is working out a clean way of
setting up the notification structure.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx