Re: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario

From: Luke-Jr
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 06:32:09 EST

> Luke-Jr wrote:
> >The ATi Radeon 9200 works fine...
>
> Lucky you. Mine doesn't. Using 3D on it makes the machine unstable,
> and the performance is apalling too.

Hm, well I don't have DRI enabled on my primary desktop... just on a second
one dedicated to gaming. Not sure if that makes any difference...

> So I'm looking for something else - a radeon 7000 is cheap . . .

That'll outperform a 9200? ;)

> And don't say that a crash during a 3D game isn't important -

A system crash? Worst I've ever seen was a X crash, back before I got my X
configs good. If you mean a game crash, I wouldn't know... half the time it'd
probably be my fault. ;)

> it is a two-user machine and the other user is not amused when this happens.

Maybe he would be if it showed a BSOD? :p
--
Luke-Jr
Developer, Utopios