Re: Broadcom 43xx first results

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 20:05:25 EST

Michael Wu wrote:
The softmac code that is still in adm8211 is actually based on an early version of the softmac code that Jouni made for Devicescape. The Devicescape code does much more useful stuff than the code currently in the kernel. Sure, I can and have been porting adm8211 to the new kernel stuff.. but it already works with a much more mature piece of softmac code. I see the use of Intel's 802.11 code as a step backwards.

Then please update the code in the kernel.

Jeff