Re: slow boot

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 10:00:54 EST

Hi Marco,

On 12/7/05, Marco Correia <mvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been experiencing very VERY slow boots after I've upgraded from kernel
> 2.6.10 to 2.6.14.2. The boot process is fast until the start of the init
> script, after this 2.6.14.2 spends 10 seconds or so for each init task.

It would be helpful if you could identify the exact version where this
regression happened. If you're comfortable with git, please refer to
the following document on how to isolate the changeset that causes the
problem: http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/howto/isolate-bugs-with-bisect.txt

Pekka