Re: ntp problems

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 00:18:23 EST

On Dec 06, 2005, at 16:22, Gene Heskett wrote:
That one installed without any hiccups, but I saw where the sign-on said it was DDR400 dual channel ram, whereas before the update it was DDR333 dual channel ram. As the XP2800 athlon isn't rated for DDR400, I backed into the bios and reset the fsb for 166 mhz which should give me a 333
fsb. But it still says DDR400 at signon. So I guess we'll see if its now stable at a 400 mhz fsb even if its set to 166/333.

Hmm, this sounds a lot like the BIOS insanity we saw on one cheapo Chaintech board. We knew it was bad when the thing reported in its boot display that the CPU was an "Intel Athlon". Things only got worse from there; but sadly there was no BIOS update, and we ended up throwing away the $35 board just on general principles :-D.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.
-- C.A.R. Hoare