Re: Broadcom 43xx first results

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 18:44:43 EST

David S. Miller wrote:
I'm at the point where I frankly don't care which softmac
implementation we go with, but rather I'm more concerned that we pick
_ONE_ and just stick with it, and then adding the necessary interfaces
and infrastructure as different wireless devices require.

Yes, you hear me right, it's more important to agree to one
implementation as the basis, even if it's the worst one currently.
Division of labor is something we simply cannot afford on the wireless
stack at this time.

Agreed.

Jeff