Re: Sparc: Kernel 2.6.13 to 2.6.15-rc2 bug when running X11

From: David S. Miller
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 18:22:25 EST

From: "J.O. Aho" <trizt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:10:07 +0100 (CET)

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, David S. Miller wrote:
>
> > 2) You didn't give what the failure mode is for kernels such
> > as 2.6.14.2, which should work, and certainly don't print out
> > that bug message
>
> It's the same as for 2.6.13 and 2.6.15rc, did build a 2.6.14.3 as had
> removed the 14.2 when I started to use 15rc.

You're still not answering my question, what is this failure
mode? Xorg doesn't start? The kernel crashes when Xorg starts?
Xorg starts but you get a blank screen? You did not mention
this critical information anywhere. Mentioning a list of other
kernels that "it's the same" for doesn't describe the failure
mode. :)