Re: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario

From: Tomasz Torcz
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 14:33:56 EST

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:11:55PM +0100, Paweł Sikora wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 6 grudnia 2005 20:00, Tomasz Torcz napisał:

> > > Open 2D is nothing new. The OpenGL is a major part.
> > > Matrox and XGI (e.g. Volari V3 based cards) have openGL parts closed.
> >
> > Interesting remark, but false.
>
> I investigated only mtx driver from theirs website.

Binary driver from matrox website caontains, IIRC, only some interface
to access matrox card in dual-monitor modes. It's irrelevant for OpenGL.

> > Xorg ships open source driver with full 3D acceleration suport forMatrox.
>
> For which card?

For my Matrox G550 and earlier models.

--
Tomasz Torcz "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
zdzichu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray