RE: APIC, x86: How to change the IRQ of one board when BIOS can't ?

From: Brown, Len
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 21:24:56 EST

>If the BIOS can't do it, it may not be possible at all, i.e. the
>interrupt lines may be hard wired that way on the motherboard.

Note that physical interrupt wires are associated with physical
slots. So if the devices in question are pluggable and you
have multiple slots, then moving devices between slots may
give devices different interrupt lines. (or they can be all
wired together and this will make no difference)

But it is unusual for PCI IRQs to have lots of sharing in IOAPIC mode.
I didn't see the message preceeding this one -- did you post your
/proc/interrupts and output from dmesg -s64000?

thanks,
-Len