Re: ide: MODALIAS support for autoloading of ide-cd, ide-disk, ...

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 18:18:04 EST

On 12/5/05, Marco d'Itri <md@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 05, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Looks fine but what about ide-scsi driver and ide_optical media?
> The Debian hotplug script, which does the same thing, does not know
> about these modules and nobody ever complained, so if some support is

Does the hotplug script export kernel sysfs attributes?

> needed it can be added later.

The problem is that you get wrong data for "modalias" sysfs attribute
for ide-scsi module (because "modalias" is based on the media type).

Until this is issue solved I can't accept this patch.

> (And ide-scsi is dead anyway...)

ide-scsi is the only way to support some devices currently

Bartlomiej