Re: Broadcom 43xx first results

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 14:41:25 EST

Hi!

> I am a developer of the Broadcom-43xx driver project.
> (The 43xx chipset is used in a lot of chipsets, including
> the Apple Airport 2 card).
>
> I am writing this mail on my PowerBook and it is sent
> wireless to my AP.
> That means, we can transmit real data, if you did not get it,
> yet. :)

Congratulations ;-). I have bcm4303 here:

0000:00:0c.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306
802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)

> If it works without crashes, cool. :)
> If it crashes, well, fix it or send us a complete OOPS message
> including detailed information about the device. Most information
> about the device is printed on insmod. Including this information is
> _important_, because there are so many different devices around.
>
> Do _not_ expect to get any 802.11a based device working, yet. Only b/g
> devices should "work".
>
> BCM43xx driver:
> http://bcm43xx.berlios.de
> Required SoftMAC Layer:
> http://softmac.sipsolutions.net

...but don't feel like playing with *two* different revision control
systems just to get the sources. Do you think you could just mail the
diffs to the list?
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!