Re: Could not suspend device [VIA UHCI USB controller]: error -22

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 14:05:38 EST

Hi!

> When I try to "standby" (echo standby > /sys/power/state)
> a 2.6.14 system running on a VIA C3-based system with VIA
> chipset (suspend to disk never worked on this system --
> as stated on swsusp website it's due to the lack of some
> CPU instruction on this CPU [but winXP suspends to disk

Lack of 4MB does not mean suspend is impossible, it is only uglier and
harder to do than usually. See x86-64 -- it faces similar problem. But
I do not have C3 here, and so I can't easily fixes, and there are not
enough C3 users to fix it themselves. [Ouch and cc: me on suspend
problems.]
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!