Re: How do I remove a patch buried in your *-mm series?

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 03:31:34 EST

Andrew wrote:
E. You send a _minimal_ patch ... prior
to going to Linus.

No! This isn't (for now at least) a fix. It's a nuke.

I don't want that "cpuset-change-marker-for-relative-numbering.patch"
going to Linus, because I am hesitating whether I even want that
"feature".

I want to nuke it now. You might see it again, fixed up, or you
might never see it again (I doubt you'll miss it ;). I don't
know yet.

Yes - the collisions resulting from removing this patch are easy to edit,
if that fits your style. If you hadn't removed the useless silly
zero initializers, I would have in my next set patches. It was on
my todo list, thanks to an earlier comment of yours.

So ... not E ;). What's your preference now?

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability