Re: Golden rule: don't break userland (was Re: RFC: Starting a stable kernel series off the 2.6 kernel)

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 20:40:27 EST

On Saturday 03 December 2005 15:34, Greg KH wrote:
> And in the future, the driver/class model changes we are going to be
> doing (see http://lwn.net/Articles/162242/ for more details on this),
> will be going to great lengths to prevent anything in userspace from
> breaking.

It is usually considered a bad netiquette to cross-post in public and
subscription-only lists. I wonder if pointing to subscription-only
service to get the feeling about planned driver core changes is a good
idea. I would expect it be stated here or on hotplug list but don't
recall anything interesting in the last couple of weeks. Is there a
driver core mailing list I need to subscribe?

--
Dmitry