Re: security / kbd

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 21:40:52 EST

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 03:11:42AM +0100, Bodo Eggert wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Andries Brouwer wrote:

> > Didnt I show a "bleeding edge" patch some April 1st or so?
>
> It's a bad day for presenting a useful patch.

Hardly useful. Somewhat funny. I just looked - it was April 1st, 2002.

> > Let me repeat what I said and you snipped:
> > If there is a security problem, then it should be solved in user space.
>
> By killing and disabeling all remote logins when root logs in or by
> ptracing each user program during root sessions? You'd have to do this
> until we find somebody to do the correct fix in the kernel.

Please describe the perceived security problem.
I see words, but no problem.

You log in remotely to my machine. Want to do something evil.
What precisely do you do?

2.0.34% loadkeys -d
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console

How do you propose this remotely logged-in non-root gets access to
a console file descriptor?

Andries