Re: [2.6.15-rc4] oops in acpiphp

From: Rajesh Shah
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 16:45:21 EST

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 04:01:58PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Booting with acpiphp on this dual core, dual package (2x2) box causes an
> oops.

The oops is actually in pciehp, not acpiphp. It's been around
for a while, I saw a similar report dating back to April. It
triggers only if pciehp (CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_PCIE) is marked as
"y" in .config. Making it a module will make it go away. I
looked into this very briefly last week and it looked like some
race related to the pcie core registering the pciehp driver.
I'll be working on making some pcie improvements soon, and will
look into this as a part of that.

Rajesh