Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 14:03:54 EST

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Kasper Sandberg wrote:

> im not sure its a good idea to silence this, because this seems to be a
> genuine error, the ati proprietary driver is not working.. if i try to
> use 3d, it will display this message again, and the process trying to
> use 3d will freeze, and become unkillable.

Ok, that's a totally different issue. That implies that my emulation of
the old behaviour simply isn't working very well.

Do you have full logs for that machine? In particular, I'd really like to
hear whether you have any of those

"<process-name> does an incomplete pfn remapping"

messages, and what the details were for that case. Same goes for what the
page flags and counts were in the "Bad page state at.." messages.

Linus