Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc2

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 14:56:11 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 14:17, Michael Krufky wrote:

[...]

f it fixes Gene's problem (a quick glance at his emails suggests that
it does) then:

Read further Michael, it still takes a _cold_ reboot to 2.6.14.2 to fix
it.

I'm sorry -- I should have been clearer... It fixes the following error message, correct?

Gene Heskett wrote:

WARNING:/lib/modules/2.6.15-rc2/kernel/drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88-dvb
.ko needs unknown symbol nxt200x_attach.

About the cold reboot needed for 2.6.14.2, well, that is completely unrelated...

First, does the patch fix the unknown symbol error? If so, then the patch is correct.

Moving on........

Kirk Lapray wrote both OR51132 and NXT200X frontend modules (cc added) ...

First off, Gene, I am still under the impression that both v4l and dvb subsystems are broken under 2.6.15 due to the memory bugs... I don't know if Hugh Dickins fixed those yet or not.

Please try to build merged v4l+dvb cvs trees against your 2.6.14.2 kernel, and tell me if you are having the same problems. If you are indeed having the same problem, then it confirms that something in the nxt200x module is causing problems in the OR51132 module.

Kirk, are you able to use both modules together using both pcHDTV and ATI HDTV Wonder PCI cx88 boards simultaneously without causing any conflicts?

Once again, Gene, please follow the tree-merge instructions located at:

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

Please let me know if the problem persists. If the problem is gone, then nxt200x is a red herring.

Regards,

Michael Krufky