Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc2

From: Jeffrey Hundstad
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 11:50:29 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

BTW: Since I have your ear, this same version DOES seem to have some
other bug as well. I did a "make distclean" and the "rm -f" of all he
object files hung forever in "D" state. I'm using XFS on IDE disks. I'm using the same config as was posted before. I didn't get anything
in an log files that would indicate a problem. Has this been reported? If not, what can I do to make a meaningful report?

I don't recognize those symptoms, so more info would be nice.

For example, it would be good to know where the threads are that are waiting uninterruptibly. You should be able to get that info with Sysrq 'T' (or with the old "ctrl + ScrollLock" thing).

That should tell us if they're hung on a semaphore or waiting for disk IO to complete or what...

It has been pointed out to me that the XFS team does know about this and is looking into it. The thread is "unable to use dpkg 2.6.15-rc2".

--
Jeffrey Hundstad