Scratch install of Red Hat Linux 7.3 on a Dell Poweredge 1850

From: Hiatt Gary-E3486C
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 10:12:39 EST

I need some help with finding out what I might be over looking trying to
load Red Hat Linux 7.3 on a Dell Poweredge 1850. It has a 2.80 GHz
Processor, a 300GB Seagate Cheetah HD, and 8192MB of ECC DDR2 memory. Since
there is no current Operating System loaded on it I allow the Linux software
to reformat the Hard Drive. After loading disks one and 2 if I chose the
Graphical login option the load will freeze after initializing the USB
ports. If I select the text mode I boot to a Grub prompt and if I give the
command to boot it says that I do not have a kernel loaded.

I do not have a lot of experience with Linux so I am most likely over
looking the obvious. If more information on the options selected for the
load is needed or if better details are needed please ask and I will get it
to you.

Thank You
Gary Hiatt