Re: Kernel panic reading bad disk sector

From: Chris Ross
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 05:49:03 EST

Chris Ross escreveu:
For those just tuning in this is about an ARM system with a Promise 20275 IDE controller which suffers a kernel panic when attempting to read from a bad sector on the disk.

And the vital piece of information I missed - on kernels 2.4.31-uc0 and 2.4.27-uc1 at least. At this stage it's believed to be from upstream - i.e. it's probably also in vanilla 2.4.32 although I haven't tested that.

Regards,
Chris R.