Re: infinite loop? with mmap, nfs, pwrite, O_DIRECT

From: Kenny Simpson
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 13:40:22 EST

--- Chuck Lever <cel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kenny-
>
> i'm assuming that because you copied trond, this is only reproducible on
> NFS. have you tried this test on other local and remote file system types?

Yes, this only applies to NFS.
ext3 doesn't let you use pwrite with O_DIRECT, nor does NFS from 2.6.8.
These are the only 2 filesystem types to which I have access.

For ext3, using ftruncate works just fine for extending the file, but on NFS, ftruncate causes the
non-existent pages to be read in.

-Kenny