Re: [linux-dvb-maintainer] Multiple USB DVB devices cause hard lockups

From: Patrick Boettcher
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 03:52:48 EST

Jeremy, I added you to this discussion, because obviously you are suffering the same problem.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
I'm trying to get a pair of Twinhan Alpha II DVB-USB devices
working on the same machine. With a single device plugged in, I can
quite easily receive and stream data.

Maybe Patrick can comment, I believe he tested with multiple
USB devices.

Sorry Johannes, that it seems I'm always waiting for your alarm to make me write a Mail - but this time I cannot add anything to find the problem - or maybe I can - not sure :):

I tested it with multiple dvb-usb devices in parallel - but never with 2 Twinhan Alpha boxes.

Just a thought: Hugo, can you enable dvb-usb-debug and load the dvb-usb.ko with parameter debug=9 .

Then start the transfer and your syslog will be filled with messages of returning USB-buffers and their sizes. Try to catch some lines from both devices and send them here.

regards,
Patrick.