Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] remove drivers/net/tulip/xircom_tulip_cb.c

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 15:42:57 EST

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 05:34:18PM -0500, Mark Lord wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >This patch removes the obsolete drivers/net/tulip/xircom_tulip_cb.c
> >driver.
> >
> >Is there any reason why it should be kept?
>
> Yes. It is the only driver that works
> without lockups on Xircom Cardbus cards.
> Or so has been the case any time I've tried
> the alternatives.
>
> Is there any good reason to nuke it?

- there's a more recent driver for the same hardware
- the driver uses the deprecated virt_to_bus/bus_to_virt we want to get
rid of

Can you give me a pointer to your bug report containing more details
regarding the problems you had with the xircom_cb driver?

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed